Friday, April 23, 2010

So Different...

This weekend, my cousin is getting married in Atlanta. So, I'm here (in Atlanta) in the most beautiful hotel ever. My Mom and my brother drove down for a college road trip on Wednesday and my dad and I flew down today. As soon as we land, my dad gets a call saying that my grandmother is in the hospital because she broke her. I swear, that woman is so strong. She wasn't hurt at all. No she was (excuse my french) pissed. Just pissed. All she wanted was to enjoy her granddaughters wedding, but she cant because she's going into surgery tomorrow morning. She feels perfectly fine. She's just tired...

But that's not why I am writing this. I am writing this because I realized something awhile ago that I would like to share. My cousin (not the one who's getting married. A different one) and I totally different. In looks and in personality. She is Blonde, extremely short, blue eyed, and very, very, pale. I'm a brunette, medium height, hazel eyed and not pale, but not tan. She LOVES Anime, Japanese anything and everything, and is a complete geek. And she knows it and loves that about herself. That's something I admire I guess. I'm not into Anime. I love shopping, being with my friends, I take Spanish but am fascinated with the french language and culture, I love writing and I'm not a geek, but not popular either. I have quarks like everyone does and I embrace them.

My cousin and my brother are the same in every way except in looks. they should be brother and sister. Really, they should be. I also realized that I'm nothing like my mom's side of the family. They are the math and science smarties, while I am the English, writing, and reading smartie.

It just amazes me how different relatives can be. I am nothing like my bother or anyone on my moms side for that matter. They are extrememly close minded while I am pretty much excepting to anything (Note the pretty much).

While driving home from a party with the family, my brother and cousin were singing to a japaniese song loudly and talking about anime and all of this other stuff I have never heard of...

Well the point is, you can't pick your family, so thank God for your friends.

1 comment:

  1. holaaaaaaaaaaa!

    "you can't pick your family, so thank God for your friends."

    where is that from?! I totally recognize it.

    --Sweet Tart--

    ReplyDelete